It was a long and grinding day, and the evil was palpable. Death holding high carnival here in New York as the City Council’s Women’s Committee delighted in and fawned over their idols from NARAL and Planned Parenthood. But the pro-life firepower in the room was awesome, truly awesome. Below is my testimony (which I ad libbed to tie it into the false allegations hurled at our CPC and PRC owners). I’ll be writing Part II for an hour or two as I sort out all that happened today. It was my first foray into the lion’s den, and I need to get a handle on just what it is I’m thinking and feeling.
We were told to prepare a three minute presentation (There was a clock). Of course when my panel got up they announced that we had 2 minutes each. The ad lib, coupled with the stats and the written intro and conclusion not read (but submitted) were a devastating blow to Planned Parenthood’s credibility. The written report (DO click on Reference #3 and read it. STUNNING!!):
Gerard M. Nadal, Ph.D.
Editorial Board, Center for Morality in Public Life
Advisory Board: Good Counsel Homes, Staten Island, New York
New York City Council
Committee on Women’s Issues
Limited Service Pregnancy Centers
16 November 2010
Honorable members of the New York City Council. As a native and lifelong resident of our city, I believe that the legislation pending before this body represents a sharp departure from this Council’s honorable legacy of lifting up the socio-economically disenfranchised.
According to the New York City’s 2008 Vital Statistics, (Reference 1), the following numbers of abortions have been procured between1999-2008. In this ten year period:
Asian/Pacific Islander 50,382; 5.5%
Non-Hispanic White 101,856; 11%
Hispanic 296,330; 32.1%
Blacks (non-Hispanic) 430,515; 46.7%
726,845 dead Black and Hispanic babies, out of the total of 922,272 in that ten-year period alone represents a genocide in slow motion. So do the following:
• 20 million aborted black babies nationwide since 1973 (Reference #3)
• The number of aborted blacks, according to the Centers for Disease Control, outnumbers the next leading seven causes of death among blacks combined. (Reference #2)
• Blacks are down to 12.3% of the U.S. population in 2010, from 14.8% in 2000. (Reference #4)
• While only 12.3% of the U.S. population, blacks have 37% of all abortions nationwide, and 46.7% City-wide. (References 1 & 2)
• Whites in New York City have 512 abortions for every 1000 live births, Hispanics have 687 abortions per 1000 live births, and blacks have 1,260 abortions per 1000 live births. Blacks represent a race in decline. (Reference # 5)
This is indeed slow motion genocide.
It represents an abortion industry feeding on the poverty and fear of our neediest daughters. The legislation before this body would muzzle the very resource centers who offer the hope and assistance that the abortion industry fails to furnish. This legislation is designed to preempt our offer of hope, to confirm the hopelessness of women who often lack any resource for hope in their lives; and it will railroad even greater numbers of minorities to their deaths.
1. Summary of Vital Statistics 2008, City of New York.
2. Gamble, et al. Abortion Surveillance, United States, 2005. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports. Nov. 28, 2008/57(SS 13);1-32
3. Tolbert, L. Over 20 Million Aborted: Why Planned Parenthood Targets the Inner-City.
4. U.S. Census Bureau. The Black Population in the United States.
5. Table 23: Induced Abortion and Abortion Ratios by Race/Ethnicity and Resident County New York State – 2008.
1. DVD Documentary Film, Maafa 21, Life Dynamics Inc. Detailed documentary on the history of the Eugenics movement in America, its effects on the African American Community, and the role played by Margaret Sanger and Planned Parenthood.